25 April 2005

untitled

I wanted to get down for posterity the piano pieces I'm working on currently. I still play about 90 minutes a day on average. Even during exam times, because nothing provides a better break than some Bach or Chopin. So, here's the list:


Chopin: Ballade in A-flat major (Op. 47); Etude Op. 10--No. 12 (aka "The Revolutionary Etude"); Etude Op. 25--No. 1 (aka "The Aeolian Harp"); Etude Op. 25--No. 12 (that has another name too---maybe the storm etude or something, I can't remember); Nocturne in F# Major Op. 15--No. 2; Nocturne in C# minor (posthumous)


Beethoven: 3rd movement of Sonata in C-Sharp minor ("Moonlight Sonata")--the fast one that they played on the Smurf's cartoon sometimes


Bach: Prelude and Fugue in C minor; in C# major; in D major; and in D minor (all from Book One)


Debussy: Passepied, from the Suite Bergamesque.


Liszt, a transcription of Wagner: "Isolde's Liebestod" from Tristan und Isolde (this piece is just---wow. My still unrivaled all time favorite. Maybe someday I'll be able to master it. Listen to Horowitz play it sometime--it's transcendent. how often can you say that about something?)


I'll probably have the same list at this time next year, because those aren't the kind of pieces you learn in a couple months...


 




 



 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home